Our Vision and Promise
We aim to provide a positive and supportive environment which values all children as individuals and where success is celebrated. We enable every child to make the best possible start to their lifelong learning journey.
As the children progress through the Nursery and Early Years we encourage the children’s confidence, independence and thirst for knowledge. We celebrate children’s achievements and we actively promote kind, thoughtful behaviour and good manners.
We believe that learning and development is most effective through strong partnerships with parents and carers. We therefore place great emphasis on effective liaison between staff, parents and carers.
We share The Hazelwood School Promise which sets out to:
- Inspire all pupils with the ambition to achieve their highest academic standards.
- Nurture and support all pupils on a journey of self development, providing excellent care and guidance whilst encouraging independence, inner confidence and mutual respect.
- Offer the opportunity for all to be inspired with passion and determination and to participate fully in the wider life of the school.
- Ensure all pupils have an understanding of their place in the local and global community.
- Employ staff who love working with children and who demand excellence from themselves and their pupils, acting as dynamic and inspirational role models.
- Work in partnership with our parents to ensure that every child's time at Hazelwood is happy and enriching, preparing them fully for the life they choose.